Weekend Retreat with Susan Browne and Rob van Wilegen
Friday 23 February, 7.30pm to Sunday 25 February, 1pm
Our complex world can tempt us to spend a lot of time in our heads. During this weekend retreat, the focus will be on meditation practice as a way to savour the uniqueness of each moment and rediscover the joy of simply being.
Many of us today find that we are fragmented into different aspects. So many contradictory voices, dictates, and feelings fight for control over our inner lives that we find ourselves scattered everywhere, in all directions. We have lost the sense of being.
Through the practice of meditation we bring our minds home. We reconnect with that sense of being. By integrating meditation into our day to day lives we discover that simplicity and contentment go hand in hand, leaving plenty of space for joy to arise.
Who is this for?
- This retreat is for you if, for example:
- You are looking for an effective way to simplify your life.
- You spend a lot of time in your head and could do with some grounding.
- You want a fresh approach to living a meaningful life, but sense it needs to be simple and effective.
- You read books and watched videos on meditation, but so far your practice seems a bit flat.
- You want to establish a daily meditation practice.
What to expect
This retreat offers a step by step approach to meditation that is easy to integrate into your daily life.
- Tried-and-tested instructions on meditation
- Guided meditations
- Time to reflect
- Discussion on how we can apply what we learned in our day to day life
- Meditation and the Art of Simplicity
This retreat is inspired by this quote by the great Tibetan Buddhist master Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche: “Meditation could be said to be the Art of Simplicity: simply sitting, simply breathing and simply being.”
The retreat will be held in our clifftop shrine room, with floor-to-ceiling windows offering spectacular ocean views.
Vegetarian lunches and evening meals are provided as part of your fee.