Bank Holiday Weekend Retreat on The Six Paramitas
with Susan Browne and Rob Van Willegen
Friday 15 Mar, 7.30pm to Monday 18 Mar, 1pm
How would it be if we were truly able to bring Buddhist wisdom into our daily lives? One particular approach is by exploring the meaning and application of the six transcendental perfections or six paramitas. These six are: generosity, discipline, patience, diligence, meditation and wisdom.
With the six paramitas we can overcome our destructive emotions, which manifest as an endless cycle of suffering and see the true nature of things.
This retreat focuses on exploring the six paramitas in a way that is both accessible and personally relevant to each of us.
On the Buddhist path the six paramitas are the application aspect of the training in Wisdom and Compassion. They help us connect with a vast sense of openness and embrace a compassionate attitude no matter what life throws at us.
Who is this for?
This is for you if:
- You are somewhat familiar with Buddhism and meditation and want to discover how to apply compassion in your life
- You are inspired by Buddhism and are up for a deep dive into its wisdom and compassion
- You already meditate and are inspired by altruism
- You attended a previous retreat such as Exploring Buddhist Wisdom or From Calm to Clarity and now you want more
- You are somewhat familiar with Bodhicitta teachings and want to enhance your understanding of the six paramitas
What to expect
On this retreat we will take time to explore each paramita experientially so you can expect:
- A well paced programme with good breaks in between sessions.
- Guided meditations.
- Explanation of the wider context of the six paramitas.
- Exploration of each of the paramitas through teaching and discussion.
- Sharing personal insights and experiences with others in small groups.
- Returning home with a clear understanding of how to continue.
The retreat will be held in our clifftop shrine room, with floor-to-ceiling windows offering spectacular ocean views.
Vegetarian lunches and evening meals are provided as part of your fee.